The pH scale ranges from 0 to 14 and measures the acidity or alkalinity of the water. A pH of less than 7 means the water is acidic, a reading above 7 means the water is alkaline and a pH of 7 is neutral. Ideally the pH for swimming pools is between 7.2 and 7.6. Having the water slightly alkaline means that the pool is more comfortable for swimmers and the equipment is protected from the corrosive water. The effects of a low pH level (too acidic) can include corrosive water causing damage to the pool equipment, skin and eye irritation when swimming, the surface of the pool can become eroded/stained and chlorine is used up more quickly.
For increasing the pH level in swimming pool and spa water
Low pH (Acidic) will cause corrosion, faster chlorine loss and eye irritation
pH Plus (Soda Ash) contains Sodium Carbonate
The ideal pool pH levels are between 7.2 -7.6, promoting bather comfort, optimum chemical efficiency and protection of pool plant equipment.
Routinely test the pH of your pool water and if it is below 7.2 use Blue Horizons pH Plus to raise it.
Application Instructions: Pre-dissolve the product in a clean plastic container, with no other chemical present, at a maximum rate of 100g per 10 litres (2.2 gallons) of clean warm water. Stir well to ensure the product is fully dissolved. Carefully add the resulting solution to the pool whilst the pump(s) are turned ‘on’, preferably near to the water inlets to aid distribution.
After a minimum of 8 hours, recheck the pH level and if necessary repeat the treatment until the pH is established.
Please read the packaging and full instructions prior to use.
- pH Plus Granules
- For increasing the pH level in pool and spa water.
- Promotes bather comfort, optimum chemical efficiency and protection of pool plant equipment.
- Ideal pH levels should be between 7.2 – 7.6
- Low pH (below 7.2) can cause the corrosion of heating elements
- Available in 1kg, 5kg & 25kg containers.
- Free Delivery Uk Mainland only excludes Scottish Highlands, Northern Ireland and Channel Isles, please call for a quote.